I updated the dropdown menu widget plugin today. It was a huge update so i think i will get a lot of comments about the new version. This update was necessary to make it work with wordpress 3.0. While doing that i played a little with default styles & plugin itself.
Here is a list of things that are new with this update:
- WordPress 3.0 compatible,
- Support for WordPress 3.0 navigation menus, (Widget automatically adds your navigation menus to menu select dropdown)
- Themes got better & simpler now,
- Fixed background problems with themes (for example “Shiny black” theme now supports wider links),
- Added option to rename home link. You can easily change your home link text from Settings -> Dropdown menu options panel,
- Added custom css insert option. Now you can easily add your customization without changing any files.
While updating the plugin i wanted it to be a clean version. So i removed some unused elements from the plugin. Here is a list of things i removed from the plugin,
- Removed Exclude Pages plugin. This wasn’t working because of meta box changes in wordpress. You can easily get this plugin from wordpress plugins.
- Removed inline style option from the plugin. You can use custom css instead of inline styling.
- Removed Custom Walker support for now. I may add it later on if needed.
- Removed Blue Tabs theme because it was custom walker dependant.
I hope you won’t get hurt by those changes. And after all those changes what’s next? Here is a list of things i want to complete with the next version:
- Easy Menu Theme Creator,
- Custom class support,
- A New Tabbed Menu Theme.
Now, its your turn. Just update the plugin an see if you’ll like it.
If you see a problem you can report bugs here & you can request a custom theme here.