After a long time (3 years exactly) I decided to update Dropdown Menu Widget because it was giving some serious errors. Errors that was caused by WordPress core changes. Here is what I have changed with the latest update:

  • Fixed walker class errors, which is used to generate menus in WordPress. Now after installing the plugin, it must not give any errors.
  • Removed font-size attributes from themes. In the 2.0 update, I am willing to change theming experience to a whole new method. I will try not to affect old users but it is rather old now. So this needs to be done.
  • Changed URLs in plugin widget and help pages. Since I have closed shailan.com and decided to move on with my personal site, I am changing all my plugin links to my own site.

I don’t know when I can find time to work on 2.0 version. But It will definitely make a difference. My primary goals for version 2.0 will be:

  • Responsive menu design
  • Easier appearance management
  • Internationalization
  • Integration with WordPress Menus feature

Thanks for your support, and take care!