!! PROCEED WITH CAUTION !!
Registry is the database for windows where all the settings and internal data for applications are held. You can view and change any data there but you must be careful when you are editing it since it can cause a serious system crash. To export a key to a file from registry follow these steps:
- Click Start > Run > Regedit (For vista users you can type regedit in the search box).
- This is where all the keys are held. Browse or search the key you want to export. Software settings are usually held under `HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software`
- Click the Folder icon you want to export.
- Click Export Registry File.
- Select the directory for the exported file and type a file name.
- Click OK to export the Registry file.